Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mum Left Us- February 2009











My final farewell to mum at the graveside; what was I thinking? I was just thinking that she was the most wonderful mother and friend that any son could ever wish to have. I was also thinking what a blessing that she had gone so quickly without any suffering. She had finished her life's journey and now she was resting... A precious moment; never to be relived...












Mum carried Neil and I into the world; we carried her out!












My son spoke with such feeling, yet humour, about his 'granny'. Mum adored Matthew, and he was such a wonderful grandson to her...











The hardest 'last lecture' I ever had to give...















Yet, what an honor to honor one's mother!
















Funerals are always 'catching up' times; my brother and I in deep conversation about something...but at least we were together, and we were talking. Distance, in all its meanings, has kept us apart for too long. And mum, lying beside us, would agree....

1 comment:

DerrickLJMU said...

"Syurga di bawah tapak kaki ibu"

Ask/refer to Jennifer for the meaning.

Derrick